Help in modularization

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Apr 6 06:43:52 BST 2011

On Tuesday 5 April 2011 23:36:38 Joel Bodenmann wrote:
> I'd need some help, because I don't actualy know which sources I have to
> use, etc.. I setup a normal kde-devel-environment and I modified cmakekde
> in the .bashrc with the following argument: -DKDE_PLATFORM_PROFILE=Mobile.
>
> What do I have to do as next? Which sources do I also need?

If you build it this way you get the version of kdelibs built with all the
modularization options turned on, no extra source required and such.

> How do I begin the work etc..

Then it's mostly about cutting more dependencies and adding the relevant
options in our CMakeLists.txt. We reached a stage where most of the cuts are
done though.

What would help would be to make sure most of our modules build with that
profile, I usually do it for kdepim, kde-baseapps, kde-workspace, but there's
far more models that I don't test and would probably need to be tested[*].

Regards.

[*] I wish we had a CI system in place...
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net