Wacomtablet moved to kdereview

Jörg Ehrichs Joerg.Ehrichs at gmx.de
Thu Sep 30 18:56:39 BST 2010

Am Donnerstag, 30. September 2010, 07:52:01 schrieb Gökçen Eraslan:
> ... I see a passive popup error message like "Profile default does not
> exist". After KSplash, I've opened KCModule in systemsettings and when I
> clicked "Graphic Tablet" KCM, again I've seen the same error as a
> KNotification. ...

This one should be fixed now

> By the way, do you think to use xinput libraries instead of parsing xinput
> and xsetwacom commands? Output structure of commands may change in future.
> Maybe you can add a TODO file to project about this.

Yes i thought about it. Shortly after i wrote the parsing code i do know.
The only reason why I still use the big list of parsing rules just to get the
vendor and Tablet / input device names is, that I couldn't get it to work with
libsolid for any usecase. So I decided in the first step I'm actually happy
that this way is working and as soon the basics work for everyone, I#ll go and
dig deeper into how I could solve the tablet detection / hotplugging via solid
and change all of it afterwards.

In case this is a dealbreaker to get my program out of kdereview and somewhere
in kde. I'll put it back to playground for a while.

(To be honest, right now I'm just happy I get some response about the code
itself :) Nice to see the flaws I did over the past months, beside the fact
that it sometimes just not worked as expected ;)

Regards
Jörg