Filelight into kdereview (again)

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Sep 28 18:44:54 BST 2010

On 28.09.10 19:10:46, Nick Shaforostoff wrote:
> 2010/9/28 Martin Sandsmark <sandsmark at samfundet.no>:
> > I'd rather you spend your time making it easier for people to get kdelibs on Windows
> > if you care about Windows, as this will also benefit other KDE applications (like KTorrent and
> > KMail and whatnot else I imagine Windows people would like).
>
> I ran kdewin installer. Just selecting a simple app like kate triggers
> installing a lot of packages I don't need, like mysql, soprano,
> phonon.

As if you're not required to install those on linux. If I'd install
filelight on a system that has only X11 installed, then the package list
to install would be comparable.

> If I want to show filelight to a typical windows user, he would reject
> this when he sees the huge (also in terms of disk space) package list
> that is needed for it.
> I believe users need filelight to clean their hard drives, not to fill
> it with megabytes of some software ;)

If you want that, I suggest to drop Qt, KDE and anything else you're
using and use the native OS API directly. Then you have a minimal set of
dependencies (oh and of course that means text ui on linux)

Andreas

--
Don't kiss an elephant on the lips today.