Knights moved to kdereview

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Tue Sep 28 09:28:27 BST 2010

Hi,

I reproduce on trunk (KGR enabled).
It only happens on default settings (with no Settings::Theme() in the .rc
file).  Changing theme before loading a game works and then default theme also
works when changed back. It's first run that crashes.

The .desktop file is not found at first run by
    QString filePath = KStandardDirs::locate("appdata", fileName);
in kgametheme.cpp
as fileName is "default" while it should be "themes/default.desktop".

When I go to Settings->Configure Knights and change the theme then the corrct
filename is then set.

The culprit seems
renderer = new Renderer( Settings::theme() );
and then you call
renderer->setTheme( Settings::theme() );
in board.cpp

From there I did not go further but maybe Stefan can help you.

Best regards and good debugging,

Anne-Marie