dependencies on KJS/KHTML in kdelibs and kdebase-runtime

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 10:00:32 BST 2010

On Wednesday 22 September 2010, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> that work, much of which is already being done by people we've known for
> years within the KDE community, if drawn upstream will benefit all users
> of kdelibs, including those targetting the desktop.
>
> > And looking at how slow 4.x still is on many
> > desktop PCs I don't see e.g. Plasma "fly" there either.
>
> we definitely struggle with a lot of driver issues out there, that's for
> sure. and we continue to find ways to optimize our code.
>
> on mobile, things are a bit more well defined hardware wise, but we face
> issues there as well. they are actively being worked on, with plasma-mobile
> making good progress and really pushing things, and as a result we're
> seeing iterative improvements.

on a little intel tablet that i have, some effects of plasma-mobile are like
faster than on my desktop with nvidia that is supposed to be n times faster,
and qgraphicsview renders a) correctly b) fast enough on an opengl widget.
that's what having good driver causes, and reflects the silly situation of the
drivers for desktop videocards as well.

Cheers,
Marco Martin