"Cornelius's grand plan" - Merging KDElibs into Qt

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 31 19:39:30 GMT 2010

On Sunday 31 October 2010 11:33:22 Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> after reading the whole thread that started with Chani's mail ("why
> kdelibs?"), I think the noise level has become a bit too much there.
> Cornelius had proposed this rather daring idea:
>
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=128842761708404&w=2
>

> It's a very controversial idea. However, I think it is so refreshing
> that it deserves some more thought. Personally, I think the idea is
> great, if we can overcome some of the obvious road blocks. I would
> love to read some honest and direct thoughts from you guys.
>

> What do you think about it?

I've been away all day and need to catch up on the thread, but just a heads-up
that this has been picked up by the press already and is making its way around
the feeds:

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODczOQ

I must say I'm a bit disappointed that what is essentially some blue-sky
thinking over a few beers has been so prematurely reported and in such a
breathless fashion, but I guess that's the price of doing everything in the
open.

John.