RFC: Creation of a new KDE SC module [kdeplugins]

Ivan Cukic ivan.cukic at kde.org
Sat Oct 9 10:48:41 BST 2010

> I believe he was suggesting that we go vote. :)

Yes, naturally, I've filled mine. I'm just saying that even if we do vote in it, the results will not be the same as if only KDE voted.

> s/install/hack on/, I think. users install packagers, developers check out

> also, you mean subtree. submodule is something else (kinda like svn externals)

Honestly, I don't care that much for terminology or a way something is done as long as it fits a few rules (you know, I'm a mathematician :) ).

If I understand correctly, submodules could be defined for different ***-plugins and kde-plugins would have them as submodules/externals. So, it could work
that way - no need for whole subtree system.

> hmmmmmm. in this case, I may be inclined to agree with you - it's not like
> kdepim or kdegames, where there's a community built around the module as a

exactly

Cheerio

--
The most dangerous strategy is to jump a chasm in two leaps.
  -- Benjamin Disraeli