Wacomtablet moved to kdereview

Jörg Ehrichs Joerg.Ehrichs at gmx.de
Thu Oct 7 17:59:24 BST 2010

Am Mittwoch, 6. Oktober 2010, 17:23:56 schrieb Fredrik Höglund:
> Peter Hutterer wrote a series of blog posts about this last year when
> XI2 was merged into the master branch in the X server.
>
> Part two of that series covers device detection and hotplugging:
>
> http://who-t.blogspot.com/2009/06/xi2-recipies-part-2.html
>
> To intercept these events in a Qt application you have to install an
> event filter by calling QCoreApplication::setEventFilter().
> The void *message parameter in the filter function is cast to XEvent*.

Thank you for the hint. Helped a lot with the basic understanding.
I've tried to do a first implementation, that at least works for me so far.

Got a few other first beginnings from the keyboard kded which does basically
the same for mouse and keyboard detection.

The commitfilter told me that my changes are "Possibly unsafe". Is this just a
general warning, or did I something wrong here?

Regards
Jörg