I was kinda bored

Rolf Eike Beer kde at opensource.sf-tec.de
Wed Oct 6 23:13:39 BST 2010

I was hacking for something like 3 or 4 hours and came up with this
implementation of the "new" HTML5 <input type="number"> field. I have no idea
if that is the right way to do it, I must also confess that most of the code
is copy&paste from the normal input fields. The only real testing I did was
using http://diveintohtml5.org/examples/input-type-number-min-max-step.html
which seems to work as expected.

If someone with any insight in KHTML could take a look if this is anything
close to a sane implementation I would be happy to see something like this
going into KHTML for KDE 4.6. If it covers only half of the cases it still
makes the users life easier than the pure text field ;)

Eike