"-DQT_NO_CAST_FROM_ASCII -DQT_NO_CAST_TO_ASCII" as policy in kde

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Tue Oct 5 12:27:47 BST 2010

Hi,
As you saw I started to make kde compile with it.
- kdetoys/kdeaccessibility/kdereview/kdeadmin compiles fine with it
- I started to fix kdegames/kdeutils (90% done)/kdemultimedia.

It allows to make code sometime faster, but it allows to find untranslated string
(I fixed 5-10 untranslated string until now, even if with my own script I never
saw theses untranslated strings.)

For me it will good to have it by default (not now :) but I can continue to fix
compile)

I created a perl script (not 100% perfect) which helps to convert it.

(Ok it doesn't fix all compile error.)

What do you think about it ?

Regards