New function within KIO

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Sat Oct 2 02:49:15 BST 2010

On Friday, October 01, 2010 21:34:37 Steven Sroka wrote:
> This is my first time contributing to KDE and I would like to know if I
> could edit a library by adding in a new function - which of course I would
> have to add the function header into the header file as well. How easy is
> this to do under KDE guidelines? It is a private function that is to only
> to be called by the specific source file I cam working on (and in fact I
> have already added it to the list private functions in the header file).

A private function that is to be used only by your private application is
actually very unlikely to get added to the KDE libraries.

However if you need this private function for a more general-purpose reason
then it's certainly possible that it could benefit more applications than just
your own. So perhaps you could tell us what function it is you intend to add,
and why it is required to be in the KDE libraries and can't be done from
within your application.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne