Issues with Solid from trunk and qtcreator 2.0.1...

Dawit A adawit at kde.org
Sat Nov 6 12:58:33 GMT 2010

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 2:15 AM, Dawit A <adawit at kde.org> wrote:

>>> I guess I would need to recompile both qt and dbus in debug mode for
>>> this... In the meantime, I have attached what you requested with what
>>> I have now. The freeze occurred where you see the CTRL + C...
>>
>> Just QtDBus and libdbus-1. However, Thread 1 is stopped at poll(), which
>> usually indicates that all locks have been acquired and the socket has been
>> written to (or it's waiting to write).
>
> Ok, I will try to compile those with debug support. Though the entry
> points maybe different, all the freezes I see end up exactly at the
> same place... dbus doing a poll. Always...
>
>> Can you measure this lockup? Does it take 25 seconds, exactly? If it does, it
>> looks more likely that the call was sent and udisks didn't reply.
>
> Indeed. It does take exactly 25 secs ; so I guess that is the default
> timeout for the dbus call. It is curious that you only see this from
> GUI applications though. No matter what I do I cannot reproduce it
> from the command line tools like 'solid-hardware'...

Hmm... if the call times out though, why doesn't it return an error ?
I get back the expected reply for the introspection call instead...

QDBusConnectionPrivate(0x280b5c0) got message reply (blocking):
QDBusMessage(type=MethodReturn, service="org.freedesktop.DBus",
signature="s", contents=(":1.7") )
QDBusConnectionPrivate(0x280b5c0) sending message (blocking):
QDBusMessage(type=MethodCall, service="org.freedesktop.UDisks",
path="/org/freedesktop/UDisks",
interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable", member="Introspect",
signature="", contents=() )

QDBusConnectionPrivate(0x280b5c0) got message reply (blocking):
QDBusMessage(type=MethodReturn, service=":1.7", signature="s",
contents=("<!DOCTYPE node PUBLIC "-//freedesktop//DTD D-BUS Object
Introspection 1.0//EN"
"http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/dbus/1.0/introspect.dtd">