Issues with Solid from trunk and qtcreator 2.0.1...

Dawit A adawit at kde.org
Sat Nov 6 06:15:11 GMT 2010

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 12:35 AM, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday, 5 de November de 2010 18:54:43 Dawit A wrote:
>> > Can you give me a "thr apply all bt full" of this lockup?
>>
>> I guess I would need to recompile both qt and dbus in debug mode for
>> this... In the meantime, I have attached what you requested with what
>> I have now. The freeze occurred where you see the CTRL + C...
>
> Just QtDBus and libdbus-1. However, Thread 1 is stopped at poll(), which
> usually indicates that all locks have been acquired and the socket has been
> written to (or it's waiting to write).

Ok, I will try to compile those with debug support. Though the entry
points maybe different, all the freezes I see end up exactly at the
same place... dbus doing a poll. Always...

> Can you measure this lockup? Does it take 25 seconds, exactly? If it does, it
> looks more likely that the call was sent and udisks didn't reply.

Indeed. It does take exactly 25 secs ; so I guess that is the default
timeout for the dbus call. It is curious that you only see this from
GUI applications though. No matter what I do I cannot reproduce it
from the command line tools like 'solid-hardware'...