KDE Geolocation Services

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Thu Nov 4 20:40:15 GMT 2010

On Thursday, 4. November 2010 20:12:27 John Layt wrote:
> Huh.  In spite of what the QtMobility site says about the desktop platforms
> being fully supported, it appears they are not.  Looking at the 1.10 beta2
> code release, there are no backends for Linux/Mac/Win, only for S60 and
> Maemo. The Meego backend using Geoclue and Gypsy is under development at
> the moment, which I assume will work on the desktops.  I guess we'll have
> to wait for a couple more beta's before we know exactly what's happening.

That's a bit of a pity given the fact that the Windows GPS support is one of
the features that Marble is still lacking. The Position stuff for Linux is
basically covered quite well already. It's not exactly rocket science so much
of the appeal wrt the Position stuff inside Qt Mobility was with the "exotic"
platforms Windows and MeeGo.

I've also seen the feature matrix being fully green wrt Tier 2 platforms. But
I guess 95% coverage basically equals 100% in this case ;-)

Torsten