KDE Geolocation Services

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Nov 4 16:45:14 GMT 2010

On Thursday, November 4, 2010, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> We don't get any additional dependency, nor do we have to track them.

on devices with constrainted disk, it matters.

for projects that have to maintain the stack on a specific device, every
additional dependency that gets pulled in, it matters.

we hear this fairly often from people working with kdelibs. for entrenched
system services, we may not have much say / leverage. but for ones that we are
optionally picking up, we'd be daft to not try and make the best possible
profile for our software stack.

as for considering location API to be optional, in this day and age that would
be a naive position to take.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se