"Cornelius's grand plan" - Merging KDElibs into Qt

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Nov 2 23:22:42 GMT 2010

On Tuesday, November 2, 2010, John Layt wrote:
> Aye, it is something I really need to document properly, where Qt falls
> short, where we fall short, etc.  At the moment it's just knocking around
> my head. For big stuff like that, a wiki might work OK.

a wiki could work, with some discipline, though there are F/OSS web apps out
there that provide a built in work flow. Suse's openFate for one and whatever
it is that Canonical uses for their task proposals (part of launchpad?) for
another.

> Documenting what each class adds to the Qt equivalent could also be
> valuable to figure out more concrete proposals too, and I don't just mean
> in a wiki which could quickly get stale, but right in the classes
> themselves.

per-class notes is a bit more fine-grained than what i was thinking. for
something like the KComboBox example you provided, that might be part of a
larger "identify widget class in libkdeui that are candidates for merging with
Qt" and it could contain a list of those widgets, brief summary of target
funcdtionality and the rest could, as you note, go into the apidox.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se