[Kde-maemo] sprint opportunity

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sat May 29 09:29:12 BST 2010

On Friday 28 May 2010 23:51:23 Artur Souza (MoRpHeUz) wrote:
> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org>
wrote:
> > It's not "not much stuff running on Symbian", it's "nothing at all will
> > compile for Symbian".
> > I think I mentioned that before already ;-)
>
> It may happen, but that's not totally true as we already saw Plasma
> running on S60 for example
> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ni_6qTwj-Y).
>
> So it's possible, we just don't want to put something to run there
> without making it in the proper way. We may end with positive results
> for Symbian by the end of the sprint, it just needs to be clear that
> it's not going to be the *focus* or the *main goal* of the meeting.

Exactly. And that's why I said from day one: If that's a sprint to push "KDE
Platform and Workspace for mobile usage" forward I'm interested and likely to
attend. If that's a "KDE Platform and Workspace for Symbian usage", I'm not
interested and won't attend (as at that point it's a technical non-sense and
too narrow focused to raise my curiosity).

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net