[Kde-maemo] sprint opportunity

Markus kamikazow at web.de
Wed May 26 22:43:27 BST 2010

Am Mittwoch 26 Mai 2010, 14:49:58 schrieb Artur Souza (MoRpHeUz):
> I think that not right now as there is too much to be achieved before
> going to Symbian platform. If people providing the KDE-on-Symbian
> sprint are not willing to see results as soon as possible it's ok

We don't even know a clear roadmap of Symbian^4-based devices. Only a vague
"devices ship in H1 2010". Will even any manufacturer besides Nokia pick it
up? Will Nokia outphase Symbian completely by 2013 or so and use MeeGo?

Let's say, only Nokia picks Symbian^4 up, but already plans to outphase it in
favor of MeeGo by 2013, a Symbian port would not even make sense at all. Or am
I wrong?
Honestly, I think that porting the SC and Qt to BlackBerry OS would make more
sense in the long term (not saying that a BlackBerry port should be
undertaken, just that Symbian's future is uncertain). AFAIK there is no clear
commitment by Nokia to Symbian for the time after 2011.