Planned BIC change to polkit-qt-1

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Wed May 19 13:33:14 BST 2010

Hello everyone,

I am planning to commit a BIC change to polkit-qt-1 in kdesupport,
increasing polkit-qt-1's version to 1.0.0 and SO version to 1. This
change is due to the fact that memory management was, well, pretty bad.
Now the core library is implemented for the most part through
implicitly/explicitely shared data, which solved quite some problems and
fixed a pair of bugs.

Needless to say that users using KDE 4.4 should NOT upgrade to this new
version, but still use the old 0.95.x branch in kdesupport-for-4.4.

I will commit (after some further changes/discussion) these changes on
monday to:

 - kdesupport/polkit-qt-1
 - extragear/base/polkit-kde-1 - for the agent and the (still WIP) kcm
 - KDE/kdelibs/kdecore/auth - for the KAuth backend

Again, needless to say that if your application is using KAuth you are
not affected by any of these changes, just be sure to update all three
components at the same time.

Any objections before I do this?