QtDBus peer-to-peer support

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue May 18 19:08:26 BST 2010

Hi Daniele,

On Tuesday 18 May 2010 15:47:17 Daniele E. Domenichelli wrote:
> I'm a GSoC student for this year, with the project "Telepathy Tubes and
> File Transfer in KDE" [1]
>
> Part of my work will use telepathy DBusTubes, but due to this bug [2] in
> telepathy-qt4 DBusTubes cannot be implemented.
> I sent a merge request on qt gitorious[3] a couple of months ago, but
> unluckily I didn't receive any review yet.
> This patch enables peer-to-peer support in QtDBus (both client and
> server side) and adds a couple of tests.
>

> I would like to know if it is possible to include this patch in kde-qt
> repository so that it will be easier for me and for telepathy-qt4
> developers to get DBusTubes working.

In generally, we don't add new features to kde-qt, its purpose is to queue up fixes
that have already been submitted to Qt and are pending release there. With the move
to Gitorious, kde-qt plays less of an important role. Of course you can clone the
kde-qt Repo (or any other Qt tree you like) and add the patches for yourself. The
wonders of Git :)

Cheers,
--
sebas