New dependency for kdelibs and kdebase: dbusmenu-qt

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed May 12 20:08:19 BST 2010

On Wednesday 12 May 2010, Modestas Vainius wrote:
> Hello,

> > > I don't have trunk checkouts. But as far as I can tell, most cases
> > > present in KDE 4.4 are still valid in trunk:
> > >
> > > akonadi fixed in trunk;
> > >
> > > http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kdewidgets/CMakeLists.txt?view=
> > >ma rk
> > >
> > >up (look for INSTALL_RPATH);
> > >
> > > http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdebase/runtime/phonon/platform_kde/CMa
> > >ke Li
> > >
> > >sts.txt?view=markup (look for INSTALL_RPATH);
> > >
> > > http://gitorious.org/phonon/phonon/blobs/master/CMakeLists.txt (look
> > > for CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH);
> > >
> > > http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/soprano/CMakeLists.txt?view=mark
> > >up (look for CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH);
> > >
> > > http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/attica/lib/CMakeLists.txt?view=m
> > >ar ku
> > >
> > >p (look for CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH);
> >
> > Could you just go there and commit the fixes for the packages in
> > kdesupport ?
>
> I could esp. now when there seems to be a solution agreed upon. But I would
> not mind if you did this either. I don't build nor follow trunk, I don't
> have checkouts etc. so it is easier for you to test the final result. As I
> have already tested akonadi, I can confirm the fix works.
>
> > Not sure why there is the special handling in kdelibs/kdewidgets/ and
> > kdebase/runtime/phonon/platform_kde/. I would assume that this is just
> > not necessary.
> > Could you ask the respectibe persons why this is there so ?
>
> That's exactly what I'm doing :)
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/?view=revision&revision=612330 (kdewidgets)

Oh, this was december 2006. Long time ago...
I found the discussion about this again:
http://lists.kde.org/?t=116644656600002&r=1&w=2
I think setting the RPATH-related properties in kdewidgets can be completely
removed, since we now always build with full RPATH (we didn't do that always
in KDE 4.0/4.1):
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/CMake_KDE_4_2#Removed_option:_KDE4_USE_ALWAYS_FULL_RPATH

> http://websvn.kde.org/?view=revision&revision=891554 (soprano)
> http://websvn.kde.org/?view=revision&revision=891660 (phonon)

You know, I'm the buildsystem maintainer, not the maintainer of soprano or
phonon :-)
So, you can do that just as good as I can, now that we know what should be
done.

> The other commits were not made by you though:
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/?view=revision&revision=658347 (phonon platform_kde)
> http://websvn.kde.org/?view=revision&revision=1044342 (attica)
>
> attica code looks like a direct copy&paste from some other kdesupport
> module (phonon?).
>
> I can mail phonon maintainer though (since it is in git).

Could you be so nice to handle the RPATH issues in all those places, please ?

Thanks
Alex