Shared OSD Service for KDE

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed May 12 11:00:27 BST 2010

On Tuesday 11 of May 2010, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> On 11/05/2010 17:54, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > Why should an app decide whether to do a notification
> > about something using OSD or something else instead of simply sending it
> > to KNotification to deal with it?
>
> Because I think showing volume or brightness information in notification
> popups would look weird. This kind of information does not belong there
> IMHO.

 Maybe you are right, but even then it's still just focusing on a single case.
Having it in KNotify would bring for free also other cases like 'you have new
important mail' showing up in OSD or volume showing up in this new silly
pink-elephant-shows-up-and-writes-it-on-the-screen KWin effect.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 openSUSE Boosters team, KDE developer
 l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org