DocBook DTD's for KDE on Fedora? (was: DocBook XML & XSL: work in progess, new dependencies)

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 11 19:39:18 BST 2010

Luigi Toscano wrote:
> I'm currently working (with Albert) to remove the embedded copies of
> DocBook XML and XSL (http://www.docbook.org/) from kdelibs/kdoctools.
> This change (if accepted) will introduce two new dependencies (see below).
> I plan to complete this task before SC 4.5 will be released, but I won't be
> able to commit all the changes before the dependency freeze.
> [snip]

Has anyone on Fedora been able to build docs since this change?

Fedora doesn't seem to provide any catalog.xml's in docbook-dtds. I have
a /usr/share/sgml/docbook/xml-dtd-4.2-1.0-48.fc12/catalog, but it is not
XML (and has RPM version embedded in the directory, eww...).

I have all available docbook* packages installed except these (none of
which seem relevant):
docbook-simple
docbook-slides
docbook-utils-pdf
docbook2X
docbook5-schemas
docbook5-style-xsl

--
Matthew
When in doubt, give it a good swift kick.