Shared OSD Service for KDE

Mon May 10 10:57:33 BST 2010

Am Montag, 10. Mai 2010, 09:40:01 schrieb Ozan Çağlayan:
> I don't know whether to implement this sort of thing as a KDED daemon makes
> sense but at least it works and we're using it in Pardus 2009.

My spontaneous feeling is that this should be hosted inside the applications
instead of kded. The only advantage I'd see from a kded module is that
multiple OSDs can be merged into one window, or at least be aligned to not
overlap each other. On the other hand, multiple OSDs will likely occur very
seldomly only, so I'm unsure whether it's worth the effort.

Greetings
Stefan