PATCH: Add FIXED-IN keyword support to commit messages.

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Fri May 7 23:27:43 BST 2010

On Friday, May 07, 2010 04:53:14 Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 06:41:32PM -0400, Michael Pyne wrote:
> > Well I gave it a shot based on the idea that most of the things we
> > care about auto-detecting in branch will be in
> > /branches/KDE/$branch/module.
>
> well, this is a good start, but not much more. the blank branch
> information is useless to most users (and the bug triagers and
> supporters dealing with them), as they are not running a current svn
> checkout.

Yes I see, I forgot to append the .y+1 for whatever the next minor release
would be.

> my initial idea was to have a manually maintained table of pending
> releases indexed by branch, but that may be actually automatable: our
> tags follow a scheme as well, so it is easy to find the latest tag for a
> given branch and just add one. that should be even cheap enough to do in
> real-time for every BUGed commit.

hmm. yuck. :)

I'd have to figure out how to use svn ls on the server I think (svnlook tree
looks horrible to try to parse). Is there a chance for someone to commit the
patch -- without the branch name guessing -- for now so that people can use it
while it is improved?

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne