PATCH: Add FIXED-IN keyword support to commit messages.

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Thu May 6 23:41:32 BST 2010

On Thursday, May 06, 2010 07:49:31 Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 12:00:17PM +0200, David Faure wrote:
> > On Thursday 06 May 2010, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> > > Would it be possible to guess that automatically from the branch the
> > > fix is pushed in?
> >
> > No, since a commit in the stable branch the last week before the release,
> > could or could not go into the actual release. Only a human can know if
> > the commit will make it into the upcoming release or not.
>
> the version table would use the initial branching/tagging point. this
> would err on the pessimistic side, which is perfectly fine. if the
> release dude cares, he may still fix the field after he
> cherry-picks/retags.

Well I gave it a shot based on the idea that most of the things we care about
auto-detecting in branch will be in /branches/KDE/$branch/module. I've also
fixed the field name for the email.

Can someone with karma please look this over and if it works, commit? Feel
free to extract the auto version detection if it doesn't work.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne