keyboard2 moved to kdereview

Andriy Rysin arysin at gmail.com
Mon May 3 19:20:20 BST 2010

On May 3, 2010, at 13:42, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:

> On Saturday 01 May 2010, Andriy Rysin wrote:
>> Even though the final text image was more or less readable
>> on most flags it was quite ugly both code- and look-wise...
>
> I actually liked the flag+text solution, I think it looks good
> and it's very useable (my brain recognizes text faster than images,
> and a flag
> only doesn't help with switching between e.g. us and us-intl).
> Maybe it's ugly code-wise, but result-wise it looked fine to me, I
> can't see
> how just text or just icon is a good idea. But I haven't tried the
> new code
> yet.
If text is better for you you may be better with text only. I'd say
that if flag helps it would help even without a text and if it doesn't
the text is more readable without a flag.
For cases like us/us-intl the text is the only option now and you can
specify the label shown.

Though please do try it and let me know - I'm still looking for
feedback :)

Thanks
Andriy