Configuration of database connection information

Sat May 1 14:31:48 BST 2010

Am Freitag, 30. April 2010 15:24:39 schrieb Lynn Hazan:
> I am currently developing an application which is displaying data retrieved
> from a database. For that purpose I am using a dedicated unique database
> user account .
> I would like to store the database connection information (host, database
> name, user name, password) in an application configuration file which
> should not be accessible to everybody. The idea is to have the information
> outside the compiled code so it can be easily updated it if necessary, but
> protected.
>
> This configuration would be application internal (not accessible to the end
> users like with KConfig).

KWallet is the standard solution for encrypted storage of credentials. It
requires that a wallet password be entered before the credentials can be
retrieved.

If you need to update credentials on multiple client workstations, you should
be able to distribute updated wallet files to your workstations, and have
KWallet pick it up.

Greetings
Stefan