New dependency for kdelibs and kdebase: dbusmenu-qt

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sat May 1 13:42:45 BST 2010

On Sunday 25 April 2010, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just committed support for DBusMenu in kdelibs and kdebase.
>
> - In kdelibs, DBusMenu is used by KStatusNotifierItem to export their
> menus over DBus.
> - In kdebase, DBusMenu is used by the Plasma SystemTray applet to render
> the KStatusNotifierItem menus.
>
> The advantage of this new system is that the visualisation gets more
> control over the rendering of its items, compared to the previous
> implementation which asked the application to show their menu at a give
> position.
>
> It is also nice for users of libappindicator-enabled [1] GNOME
> applications, because the SystemTray menus of these applications will be
> rendered using a native KDE menu.
>
> This means to build kdelibs and kdebase you now need to install
> dbusmenu-qt. dbusmenu-qt tarballs are available here:
>
>    http://people.canonical.com/~agateau/dbusmenu/
>
> You can also get the code from Gitorious:
>
>    http://gitorious.org/dbusmenu/

I just installed it:

hammer:~/src/packages/libdbusmenu-qt-0.3.2/build$ make install
[ 76%] Built target dbusmenu-qt
[ 88%] Built target dbusmenuexportertest
[100%] Built target dbusmenuimportertest
Install the project...
-- Install configuration: ""
-- Installing: /opt/dbusmenuqt/lib/pkgconfig/dbusmenu-qt.pc
-- Installing: /opt/dbusmenuqt/lib/libdbusmenu-qt.so.2.0.2
-- Installing: /opt/dbusmenuqt/lib/libdbusmenu-qt.so.2
-- Installing: /opt/dbusmenuqt/lib/libdbusmenu-qt.so
-- Removed runtime path from "/opt/dbusmenuqt/lib/libdbusmenu-qt.so.2.0.2"
-- Installing: /opt/dbusmenuqt/include/dbusmenu-qt/.
-- Installing: /opt/dbusmenuqt/include/dbusmenu-qt/./dbusmenu_export.h
-- Installing: /opt/dbusmenuqt/include/dbusmenu-qt/./dbusmenuexporter.h
-- Installing: /opt/dbusmenuqt/include/dbusmenu-qt/./dbusmenuimporter.h
hammer:~/src/packages/libdbusmenu-qt-0.3.2/build$

Is is intentional that libdbusmenu-qt.so.2.0.2 is installed with empty RPATH ?

Alex