[KDE Usability] Review Request: Add a confirmation window when emptying the trash

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Mar 31 22:40:37 BST 2010

On Wednesday 31 March 2010, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > - Provide a 30 seconds Undo action (highly visible, passive). If the user
> > wants to delete the file, it's just one action; but if it was accidental,
> > she has a security net of 30 secs.
>
> This looks like a good idea. Gmail has such an Undo function.
>
> I wouldn't expect the Undo function on Move To Trash, but I would
> expect it for Delete and for Empty Trash.

Which makes no sense, sorry :-)

If your disk is full and you empty the trash, you certainly expect to get more
disk space immediately... not after the 30 seconds undo, when the system can
finally delete the files and make more space.

Real deletion is -supposed- to delete immediately, otherwise assumptions are
broken. This means no undo, but there's no other way.