Review Request: Add KMetaDataWidget, KMetaDataModel and KMetaDataConfigurationDialog

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Mar 23 08:07:43 GMT 2010

On 23.03.10 08:33:13, Peter Penz wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 March 2010 08:24:38 Peter Penz wrote:
> > >
> > > Does not build, because kfile does not find the Nepomuk includes.
> >
> > I did a complete clean build of kdelibs before committing yesterday and the
> > build was successful.
> >
> > I just did an 'svn update' now and did a complete rebuild again: Everything
> > builds fine. Could you please check whether a clean build helps? Thanks!
>
> Laurent Montel seemed to have the same problem and was so nice to submit a
> patch (SVN commit 1106541). But I'm quite confused now, as I did the rebuilds
> before Laurent's patch was in.
>
> Does anybody have a hint how this can happen (clean build of kdelibs, no error
> here)? Of course I'd like to prevent such issues in future...

Looking at the fix the following things come to mind:

a) you're doing in-source builds hence cmake-binary-dir =
cmake-source-dir for you
b) you've once compiled and installed the headers (somehow) and then
they where found from your installation directory instead of from the
kdelibs sources.

Its not necessarily enough to remove the builddir, you should also clean
your installation directory from anything that landed there during
development of the feature. Then you have a "clean" start to do a final
compile-test, similar to what everybody else has when they update after
your feature commit.

Andreas

--
Today is the last day of your life so far.