KLauncher problems in trunk?

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Mon Mar 22 15:11:05 GMT 2010

Hej Tobias,

Lundi, le 22 mars 2010, à 15:45, Tobias Koenig a écrit:
> Hej,
>
> can anybody else reproduce problems with KLauncher in KDE trunk?
> Sometimes when starting an application via KRunner or Plasma panel,
> the system seems to get stuck for some seconds and then an error
> dialog appears that says KLauncher couldn't be contacted...
>
> When running from console, you can see that a new instance of kdeinit4
> is started with a new klauncher, kio-slaves etc... so you end up
> with two kdeinit4 processes running :/
>
> Did someone change anything klauncher related lately?

A similar behaviour is also present in 4.3:
Clicking a program shortcut or using KRunner keeps the system busy a little,
but nothing happens (though no error dialog, just the program never
appearing/running). Redoing the action usually results in an almost instant
reaction as called for.

No, I never reported this, seemed so obvious :P

Cheers
Friedrich
--
KDE Okteta - a simple hex editor - http://utils.kde.org/projects/okteta