About security at kde.org

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Sat Mar 20 21:33:39 GMT 2010

On 3/20/2010 2:06 PM, Darío Andrés wrote:
> 2010/3/20 Darío Andrés <andresbajotierra at gmail.com>:
>> I'm probably not the right person to write this mail but someone
>> should do it... (excuse me)
>>
>> Today we have a visit on IRC telling us about a security issue which
>> this person reported to security at kde.org; and as he got no response
>> the issue was published...
>> We aren't sure who is in charge of that mailbox, but may be it should
>> be reviewed (or the policy of sending security issues to
>> security at kde.org).
>> I have a copy of the IRC log mentioning the person who complained and
>> the security issue webpage explaining the issue...
>> Some person should take care of this issue... the questions is "who?"
>>

> Update: Nightrose told me that Jeff Mitchell has been taking care (or
> checking) security at kde.org
>
> For more information, the guy who appeared today on kde-devel
> mentioning the issue had the "emgent" nickname

Yep, I'm monitoring it, along with some others. I don't know if anyone
is "officially" responsible. I've only been on it for a relatively short
time so it may be an issue that was before my time.

If someone could reply (not CCing kde-core-devel) and tell me what
security problem they are talking about it would help quite a lot.

Thanks,
Jeff