RFC: move kdebase/runtime/kstyles to kdebase/workspace/kstyles/, small change in how default style is handled

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Mar 4 18:29:39 GMT 2010

On March 4, 2010, David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 March 2010, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> > Since Qt 4.6 (which we require anyway) the
> > Qt detection of the style should work fairly well.
>
> I'd say it doesn't. The code in qkde.cpp reads the users' kdeglobals, but
> it: * ignores global configs (e.g. system-wide kdeglobals set up by a
> sysadmin, or intermediate $KDEDIRS for group setups)

no, we're looking at our own qtguiplugin, as Christoph noted. and in there it
gets the value from:

	const KConfigGroup pConfig(KGlobal::config(), "General");

looks good to me :) i think (though i could be wrong?) that qkde.cpp only gets
used for style/colors if we are in a kde session and our own qtguiplugin isn't
available?

> * assumes KDE is X11-only, so it breaks reading of kdeglobals for "kde-on-
> windows".

on windows, it should be using whatever happens on that platform, no? the idea
of overriding platform styles / colours with our own isn't something i
personally understand, unless our goal is to purposefully look as alien as
possible on other platforms?

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se