RFC: move kdebase/runtime/kstyles to kdebase/workspace/kstyles/, small change in how default style is handled

Christoph Feck christoph at maxiom.de
Thu Mar 4 18:04:33 GMT 2010

On Thursday 04 March 2010 18:42:06 David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 March 2010, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> > Since Qt 4.6 (which we require anyway) the
> > Qt detection of the style should work fairly well.
>
> I'd say it doesn't. The code in qkde.cpp reads the users' kdeglobals, but
> it: * ignores global configs (e.g. system-wide kdeglobals set up by a
> sysadmin, or intermediate $KDEDIRS for group setups)

The code is not in qkde.cpp, but here:
http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdebase/workspace/qguiplatformplugin_kde/qguiplatformplugin_kde.cpp#159

(Which does not mean that I am sure it fixes the issues you mentioned :)

> * assumes KDE is X11-only, so it breaks reading of kdeglobals for "kde-on-
> windows".

Could be a problem, also mostly because qtconfig isn't available on other
platforms. Olivier?

Christoph Feck (kdepepo)