synaptiks – KDE touchpad management

Sebastian Wiesner basti.wiesner at gmx.net
Wed Mar 3 17:53:14 GMT 2010

On Wednesday 03 March 2010 16:53:06 Roman Shtylman wrote
> Whatever "base" module is chosen I think that it would be wise to make
> it use "kde" coding conventions...whatever that may mean.

Well, synaptiks uses C++ exceptions.  I don't know, if that is an issue …
kdelibs doesn't use exceptions, but on the other hand I didn't find any policy
on KDE techbase, that advises against using exceptions.

Aside of this, I tried to keep as close as possible to the KDE policies and
guidelines describe on KDE techbase, concerning code style and conventions,
API documentation and i18n.

> At some point... someone is gonna have to bite the bullet and probly add the
> missing features on top of the chosen module.

Adding new touchpad configuration settings to synaptiks isn't really difficult
(see r1096669 for an example).   I just need a list of features, that are
missing …

                                      (Rosa Luxemburg)