Git Migration Needs YOU!

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 18:23:28 GMT 2010

On March 2, 2010 09:27:01 David Jarvie wrote:
> On Tue, March 2, 2010 4:09 pm, Tom Albers wrote:
> > In all this discussions, my biggest problem is the complete focus on the
> > technical issues and the complete lack of solutions for the impact of the
> > community it will have. But I've played this record before a couple of
> > times, so I'll stop now.
>
> I agree. Having played with git, I haven't found it an easy thing to use
> for real. In addition to the guide to git commands, the techbase tutorials
> need to include such things as:

wow, someone's actually reading the tutorials? ;)
thanks for the suggestions - like aseigo said, please put them on the wiki so
that they're not forgotten.

which reminds me... I got some advice about --squash that I should probably
put up there, too. and maybe I should write a bit on what to do if you lose
your head... :) (it seems like almost any mistake in git can be resolved if
you just don't panic, ask for help in #git, and work things through slowly and
logically)

the thing about tutorials is they seem to be best written with the help of
three people: one who knows the answers to all the hard questions (but can't
think of what to write because it all seems so obvious), one that doesn't know
jack (and therefore has a bazillion questions), and one that knows just enough
to understand what the other two are trying to say ;)

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com