Git Migration Needs YOU!

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 17:10:53 GMT 2010

On March 2, 2010 08:09:30 Tom Albers wrote:
> Op Tuesday 2 March 2010 16:37 schreef u:
> > while there are certainly those who
> > aren't in favor of a move to git, it's pretty clear there is a good
> > amount of consensus on the matter.
>
> Really? Does that also include translators? I know they will be using svn,
> but as time moves on, sooner or later they will have to move too. And then
> they won't have an option by then, so they need to be involved now too.

the reason you haven't heard anything about i18n is that it's been working
smoothly with amarok's git repo for about 6 months already. :)

I worked closely with the translators last summer (*before* akademy) to make
scripty git-compatible.
they were generally happy with their svn workflow, and didn't want it to be
disturbed. so we're not going to disturb them.
if the translators want to join us later, I'll be quite happy to help them
with that, but I'm not going to try and force them into anything.

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com