Git Migration Needs YOU!

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Mar 2 14:52:08 GMT 2010

Em Terça-feira 02 Março 2010, às 15:40:02, Tom Albers escreveu:
> Nope. The certificate stuff is shielded.

Shouldn't be in KDE in the first place. There are better people to deal with
the certificate list (I'm not saying Qt here, I'm saying distros).

> Also tags/KDE is shielded.

Protecting tagging is easy.

> Also build specific files are rejected.

Possible, but I'd rather not add pre-receive rules to the hooks. If you're
merging the code from someone else who had those files in the history (they
weren't using the KDE Git server), you'd have to rewrite history or throw it
away to get into KDE.

> How is the changelog going to be handled? Website, means in svn? So people
> working on de main kde modules, still need two tools?

Why are we still writing HTML or XML by hand?

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358