RFC: move kdebase/runtime/kstyles to kdebase/workspace/kstyles/, small change in how default style is handled

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Tue Mar 2 12:59:57 GMT 2010

On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 06:20:36PM -0800, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On March 1, 2010, Christoph Feck wrote:
> > One issue that needs thought. What about the KDM style? As I understand, at
> > that time the KDE session isn't running, so Qt would probably fall back to
> > Plastique. Does KDM allow overriding the current style?
>
> right; we'll need to set this in kdm 'manually' (though it's probably only a
> matter of copying those 3 lines of code from the style plugin).

kdm has an explicit style option, with the default being whatever
kglobal::applyGuiSettings does - i.e., the code you just removed.
i suppose one could simply set KDE_FULL_SESSION=true and
KDE_SESSION_VERSION=4 before instantiating QApp to fool qt's platform
detection. awaiting your patch for review, if you are in a hurry. ;)