RFC: move kdebase/runtime/kstyles to kdebase/workspace/kstyles/, small change in how default style is handled

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Tue Mar 2 00:37:12 GMT 2010

Le Tuesday 02 March 2010, Maksim Orlovich a écrit :
> > So what I would suggest is removing the style handling from KDE, and just
> > use
> > what Qt uses when it detects the KDE platform.
>
> No thank you. It's not up to Nokia to decide how KDE apps look.

Can you elaborate ?

Since Qt 4.6 and KDE 4.4, there is a Qt Gui platform plugin which is loaded by
Qt (if Qt detect a KDE workspace running)
This plugin is queried to know the KDE style. The code is in kde svn [1] and
does exactly the same as the current stuff.

Also, KDE already let Nokia decide a lot on how KDE applications behave and
look. (If Nokia change the behavior of some widgets, ...).

[1] line 158
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdebase/workspace/qguiplatformplugin_kde/qguiplatformplugin_kde.cpp?view=markup

--
Gof