qca2 and a few other questions

Martin Sandsmark sandsmark at samfundet.no
Wed Jun 23 12:46:28 BST 2010

On Wednesday 23 June 2010 13:23:09 Marc Espie wrote:
> Still, if you look at this from a distribution standpoint, it is a pain.
> As there is some discrepancy between "official" qt and "official" kde.

Why so? Either you build Qt with everything, or you build Qt without stuff and
build it afterwards.

> It also has to be actual release files. Having to grab stuff off
> svn/whatever is not quite okay for actual releases.

I didn't suggest you grab anything from neither SVN nor `whatever`.
(FWIW, the latest Phonon release is here:
http://download.kde.org/download.php?url=stable/phonon/4.4.2/phonon-4.4.2.tar.bz2)

> One thing you could do that would help a LOT is integrate the qt4 build
> tendrils into phonon itself, and keep it synched in phonon itself.

The pri files are not stored together with the Phonon sources in the Qt tree.
I also know ~nothing about qmake, hence why CMake is the official build system
of Phonon.

> This would allow me (and other distributions) to build phonon just once,
> as part of qt4.

Why can't you do that now?

--
Martin Sandsmark