Oxygen's new window-move feature fatal for KJumpingCube game

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 23:23:02 BST 2010

On Friday 18 June 2010 10:57:28 pm Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 8:50 AM, Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thursday 17 June 2010 10:34:31 am Hugo Pereira Da Costa wrote:
> >
> > Your explanation of the problems involved in implementing the
> > new window-move feature in a general way is extremely interesting,
> > but it begs some important questions.  Why is the feature necessary
> > and is its benefit worth the possible disruption to existing applications
> > and the extra work for their maintainers and end users?
>
> Ian, I think this is a rhethorical question.

No.  Although the question is off-topic, it is seriously put and I would
like to see answers.  The new window-move feature is a done deal, but
how much consideration will core developers give in future to the possible
costs and inconvenience caused to application developers and
end-users (not just "advanced" users) when new KDE features
are introduced?

All the best, Ian W.