Review Request: DBus spec compliant service names

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Jun 3 07:48:26 BST 2010

Em Quinta-feira 3. Junho 2010, às 07.27.19, Chani escreveu:
> > The application name can contain any characters, so I'd recommend just
> > replacing any non-LDU character with _. There's no need for 1:1
> > relationship.
>
> so the application name itself remains unchanged? that makes me happy
>
> :) I have a couple of nasty hacks in 4.5 where behaviour depends on
>
> whether it's running in plasma-desktop or plasma-netbook (this is a
> Bad Thing and I'm only doing it because I don't have time for a real
> solution atm and it absolutely will *not* stick around for 4.6)

No.

The application name needs to be sanitised and it's added to the name of any
classes without a D-Bus interface name.

QtDBus doesn't know if the class comes from a library or from the application.
If you need a fixed name, add the Q_CLASSINFO that declares the D-Bus interface
name.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358