Opposition to removing old KWin themes?

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 10:07:18 BST 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Jussi Kekkonen
<jussi.kekkonen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22 July 2010 18:27, Hugo Pereira Da Costa <pereira at hep.saclay.cea.fr> wrote:
>> On Thursday 22 July 2010 08:52:57 Markus Slopianka wrote:
>>> Hi.
>>> I'd like to remove some old KWin themes from the default SC 4.6 install,
>>> eg. B II, Redmond, etc.
>>>
>>> Their source files have in most cases not been touched since years (Scripty
>>> goind through .desktop files doesn't count).
>>> Is there any opposition to it?
>>>

>> On the similar note, I'd also remove some of the old Widget themes (CDE,
>> Motif, Window 9x)
>>
>>> Markus
>>

> (skipping the whole thread as it seems to be more of widgets thand windecos)
>
> I'm not against getting "old" KWin themes from the default install, as
> long as they reside in, for example, kdeartwork.
>
> In case of B II, we (well, atleast I) have plans to try to implement
> all these new fancy functionalities like window grouping, as
> continuation what I started last winter.[0] So, don't call it dead or
> untouched yet. (:
>
> [0]http://websvn.kde.org/?view=revision&revision=1050951

Well, get in touch with me privately, then, I'm also interested in
getting back old functionality, and making it useful for advanced
window management. This thread had me look at the code again, and at
other decorations... I see there are a few things to tweak, and a few
things to add.

Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams