Opposition to removing old KWin themes?

Jussi Kekkonen jussi.kekkonen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 09:31:14 BST 2010

On 22 July 2010 18:27, Hugo Pereira Da Costa <pereira at hep.saclay.cea.fr> wrote:
> On Thursday 22 July 2010 08:52:57 Markus Slopianka wrote:
>> Hi.
>> I'd like to remove some old KWin themes from the default SC 4.6 install,
>> eg. B II, Redmond, etc.
>>
>> Their source files have in most cases not been touched since years (Scripty
>> goind through .desktop files doesn't count).
>> Is there any opposition to it?
>>

> On the similar note, I'd also remove some of the old Widget themes (CDE,
> Motif, Window 9x)
>
>> Markus

(skipping the whole thread as it seems to be more of widgets thand windecos)

I'm not against getting "old" KWin themes from the default install, as
long as they reside in, for example, kdeartwork.

In case of B II, we (well, atleast I) have plans to try to implement
all these new fancy functionalities like window grouping, as
continuation what I started last winter.[0] So, don't call it dead or
untouched yet. (:

[0]http://websvn.kde.org/?view=revision&revision=1050951

ps. Should put the plans up to somewhere I suppose
--
Jussi Kekkonen, Tm_T
  Ubuntu/KDE developer  tmt at ubuntu.com