Fwd: knetworkconf in kdeadmin

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Tue Jul 27 08:07:18 BST 2010

On 2010-07-27, Nicolas Ternisien <nicolas.ternisien at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As noticed by Burkhard, KDE Admin module still hosts the knetworkconf
> KCM configuration module, even if it is no longer used. It is indeed
> totally replaced by KNetworkManager and D-Bus calls, where it used to
> configure the network with scripts.
>
> Depending on how much distributions and users still use it, we could
> move it to extragear/playground or unmaintained branch. Question is:
> do you have any idea about its current usage, and do you agree with
> this move?

As a distro guy (debian) I have mostly received reports that half of it
doesn't work.

It would be nice to have a configuration utility for those who doesn't
like networkmanager, or just have a mixed setup of different ways of
doing things.

(But I don't need it enough to volunteer to maintain it)

/Sune