Fwd: knetworkconf in kdeadmin

Nicolas Ternisien nicolas.ternisien at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 07:15:31 BST 2010

Hi all,

As noticed by Burkhard, KDE Admin module still hosts the knetworkconf
KCM configuration module, even if it is no longer used. It is indeed
totally replaced by KNetworkManager and D-Bus calls, where it used to
configure the network with scripts.

Depending on how much distributions and users still use it, we could
move it to extragear/playground or unmaintained branch. Question is:
do you have any idea about its current usage, and do you agree with
this move?

Thank you.

Nicolas