Opposition to removing old KWin themes?

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Jul 26 15:56:17 BST 2010

On Thursday 22 of July 2010, Marco Martin wrote:
> but right now, the -real- motivation is simply this:
> shipping something that looks outdated like that gives a really bad image
> of kde.

 Gee, right. I'm pretty sure all those people who have left us after the
KDE3->KDE4 transition did so because they got upset when they still had the
option to use the things they liked and were used to. Oh, wait.

> I'm sure somebody uses it, but just ask ourselves what steps are necessary
> to give it an as stainless as possible idea of elegance...

 Elegance as defined by who?

 But anyway, let me tell you what the steps can be: Check out Qt from git,
modify to turn those styles into plugins, submit. If Qt can have a JPEG
loader as a plugin, and we can have our styles as plugins, surely Qt can have
few styles as plugins too.

 Of course, I admit that's still slightly more work than proclaiming one's
opinion as the only true way.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 openSUSE Boosters team, KDE developer