Fwd: immanuel down

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Mon Jul 26 15:45:30 BST 2010

On Sunday 25 July 2010, Tom Albers wrote:

> immanuel went down after a reboot, my guess is that the network is not
> coming
> up again.

The machine and the services are up again since this morning, so we had a
downtime of about 16 hours, again sorry about that. It was a major system
upgrade so there might be some fallout, please let me know asap in case you
notice something, and I'll fix it.

In addition I arranged that the machine will be moved to a better
(connected+manageable) location so that the sysadmin team can remotely fix the
server themselves without waiting for a local person available to step in, so
any future issue will be fixable much quicker. This might cause a small
downtime (< 20 minutes) in the worst case, but then we're set.

Greetings,
Dirk